The Beyond Flexner Alliance is committed to advancing social mission in health professions education. The Alliance, along with the Conference’s co-hosts, are committed to welcoming allied health professionals, community members, and learners with financial need to this one-of-a-kind convening. As such, the Beyond Flexner Alliance is proud to announce the Social Mission Scholarship Program that will partially support conference participation costs for awardees. Scholarship funds may help cover the costs of conference registration OR hotel room accommodations. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until March 21, 2022, or when available funds have been depleted. Award recipients will be notified by email on a rolling basis.
- Brief Personal Statement about:
- Prior experience with social mission education and service work and
- What you can gain and contribute to the Conference experience
- Brief description of financial need
- Budget of costs required to attend conference including applications for any other funding resources (institutional support, grants, stipends, etc.)
Scholarship Recipients Requirements:
Scholarship recipients will be required to actively participate at the conference in at least one of the following ways:
- Facilitate a small breakout discussion table at the Beyond Flexner Student Assembly Session March 29, 2022
- Become a Social Mission Social Media Ambassador for the duration of the conference #BeyondFlexnerPHX2022
Scholarship Winners will also be expected to submit a post-conference report (500 words or less) on what they learned and how they will apply lessons learned back in their communities and/or institutions. These reports may be published in Beyond Flexner Alliance materials such as social media posts, newsletters, and/or blogs.
All Scholarship Winners will be invited to a special event to learn more about how to join the social mission movement.
Questions with application? Please contact email@example.com.